Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that freely explore the basics of the Christian faith.
No pressure. No follow up. No charge.
Our next course will run on Monday evenings from the 30th September to the 2nd December, with an all-day event on Saturday 16th November.
A typical evening programme looks like this:
Doors open 7.15pm
Dinner 7.30pm followed by video and discussion
Finish by 9.30pm
The course will be in English, but we may have a Farsi-speaking group if there is a demand and leaders available.
If you have a question, please contact us
Topics covered in the course:
1. Is there more to life than this?
2. Who is Jesus?
3. Why did Jesus die?
4. How can I have faith?
5. Why and how do I pray?
6. Why and how should I read the Bible?
7. How does God guide us?
8. Who is the Holy Spirit?
9. What does the Holy Spirit do?
10. How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
11. How can I resist evil?
12. Why and how should I tell others?
13. Does God heal today?
14. What about the Church?
15. How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
Comments from our recent course:* 'Expected a little and experienced a lot, had an amazing time on the Holy Spirit away day. I consider Haven Green as my church now'
* 'Experienced God's love and grown 70% closer to God'
* 'Made a decision to attend Alpha, was welcomed by good people, found the course transforming, enjoyed it, found a Saviour. Took a Bible and I read it for one hour a day to hear God speak and listen to Jesus'
* 'Had the benefit of fellowship with friends in Christ'
* 'Enjoyed hearing the views of others, God gives a purpose and structure to my life. God is a crutch for me'
* 'Alpha was an inspiring experience, really glad to have attended, felt that I got what I was missing and longed for. Very impressed by Alpha.
More about Alpha from the National Website