Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that freely explore the basics of the Christian faith.
No pressure. No follow up. No charge.
We are currently running a course, finishing on 9th December. Another course is planned in the New Year.
A typical evening programme looks like this:
Doors open 7.15pm
Dinner 7.30pm followed by video and discussion
Finish by 9.30pm
The course will be in English, but we may have a Farsi-speaking group if there is a demand and leaders available.
If you have a question, please contact us
Topics covered in the course:
1. Is there more to life than this?
2. Who is Jesus?
3. Why did Jesus die?
4. How can I have faith?
5. Why and how do I pray?
6. Why and how should I read the Bible?
7. How does God guide us?
8. Who is the Holy Spirit?
9. What does the Holy Spirit do?
10. How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
11. How can I resist evil?
12. Why and how should I tell others?
13. Does God heal today?
14. What about the Church?
15. How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
Comments from our recent course:* 'Expected a little and experienced a lot, had an amazing time on the Holy Spirit away day. I consider Haven Green as my church now'
* 'Experienced God's love and grown 70% closer to God'
* 'Made a decision to attend Alpha, was welcomed by good people, found the course transforming, enjoyed it, found a Saviour. Took a Bible and I read it for one hour a day to hear God speak and listen to Jesus'
* 'Had the benefit of fellowship with friends in Christ'
* 'Enjoyed hearing the views of others, God gives a purpose and structure to my life. God is a crutch for me'
* 'Alpha was an inspiring experience, really glad to have attended, felt that I got what I was missing and longed for. Very impressed by Alpha.
More about Alpha from the National Website